The intensive two-day training course will enable participants to manage disciplinary, grievance and dismissal hearings effectively. The emphasis is on the use of a structured approach where positive action and problem-solving is highlighted as a priority. The course will build knowledge, skill and confidence in handling these areas objectively, fairly and appropriately in line with internal policies/procedures, best practice and legal requirements. Participants will receive an action biased course content that will equip them with the fundamental knowledge to be able to chair discipline, grievance and dismissal hearings.
Key learning outcomes:
• Have a full understanding of grievance, discipline and dismissal processes
• Understand the law of evidence and how it is applied in a disciplinary hearing
• Deal effectively with difficult situations and people
• Ensure fair conduct of hearing and compliance with the rules of justice
• Ensure that as chair, you are untainted by the process
• Demonstrate the key skills of questioning, listening, recording and summarising both verbally and in writing
• Know how to prepare for, carry out and report on an investigation and disciplinary interviews
• Conduct disciplinary interviews and dismissals that will be procedurally correct, impartial and result in equitable and fair treatment
• Prepare a written finding that will stand the scrutiny of CCMA
For more information, Please fill in the form below and we will contact you shortly!