Conflict in the workplace can impact on productivity and staff morale. Developing and maintaining positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders is essential within today’s diverse workforce. This 2 day seminar discusses a host of practical, easy-to-learn techniques for defusing situations, identifying underlying issues, opening up lines of communication, re-directing anger and positively engaging people to solve issues.
The seminar is primarily experiential and interactive so participants learn by doing and reinforce their learning through immediate application. There are case studies, simulations, discussions, video analysis, and other activities designed to enhance learning of the identified concepts and skills.
Topics & modules covered include:
• The positives and negatives of conflict: concern for self, concern for others, where do you score?
• Types of conflict: explore negotiation, mediation, diplomacy and creative peace building
• The stages of conflict: Avoidance, Yielding, Competitive, Cooperation, Conciliation styles
• Questioning and listening skills
• Seven steps to ironing things out
• Facilitation skills: helping others to resolve disputes
• Setting norms: sources of conflict and creating the culture and behaviors to reduce conflict
• Making an intervention: short-term, long-term and immediate actions
Key learning outcomes:
• Demonstrate proficiency and fluidity in the use of skills and tools in conflict resolution engagement
• Examine and understand the difference between destructive and constructive workplace
• Explore divergent conflict management styles, and how these influence decision-making processes
• Practice key communication skills that help to deescalate conflict situations
• Understand the various warning signs and triggers of conflict and how to nip these in the bud
• Understand workplace conflict, and how cultural differences may lead to divergent needs
• Learn the skills necessary to effectively resolve organisational conflict, including how to have ‘difficult’ conversations, where to have these conversations, and how to give ‘difficult’ feedback’
• Develop key strategies and confidence in managing everyday workplace conflicts
• Effectively manage organisational conflict, in order to create a healthier and more productive work environment
For more information, Please fill in the form below and we will contact you shortly!