One of the key figures in every successful team is the team supervisor. The management and leadership skills this individual possesses has a profound influence on the motivation and commitment of the team and this in turn affects the results and objectives the team achieves. Successful teams require clear direction and strong leadership. This training course focuses on the essential skills and qualities for effective management and leadership, building successful teams and managing a culturally diverse workforce. In addition, the training course exposes participants to different leadership styles and offers evidence of the styles that help individuals and teams to develop more quickly and to get the best results.
Topics & modules covered include:
• Learning to tackle change and challenges in new position.
• Building self-esteem, self-confidence, confronting and overcoming fears
• Assessment of self-awareness of strengths and weaknesses, uncovering latent qualities, clarifying goals and vision
• Techniques of open communication and conflict resolution
• Learning how to enhance problem solving, creative skills, and tackle adverse situations
• Understanding the importance of team work within and outside and how to build a high performance and motivated team
• Understanding concepts of leadership and adapting them to new role. Importance of building trust, leading by example, delegation
• Developing a holistic road map for attaining success in the supervisory role
Key learning outcomes:
• Identify the qualities of effective leaders and different leadership styles
• Appreciate that management and leadership are essential skills for all supervisors and managers, particularly if you are new to the job
• Realise that successful supervisors and managers don’t ‘boss’ their employees, they lead them
• Build credibility and trust
• Recognise that it is through effective management and leadership that employees are motivated to perform at their best
• Accomplish goals and control outcomes when dealing with staff, peers, management and other departments
• Use management and leadership techniques to ensure that goals are achieved and your department meets productivity, quality, service and safety standards
For more information, Please fill in the form below and we will contact you shortly!